How to pick your next home
Picking a home that is perfect for your family can be challenging to say the least when you’re not sure of your must haves. Sometimes you know exactly what you want and sometimes it can seem so overwhelming. We are here to help you figure out what is important to you!
When you are not exactly sure of what you want in a home or where you want to be, it can make the home buying process so much more challenging. So today I am compiling a list of things to think about that will help you determine what you really want.
This is a big one! Do you want to be in a quiet peaceful setting near water or on some land? Do you want to be in town close to shopping, dining, nightlife, work, or kids schools and activities? Sometimes you even have to consider your family, do you need to be close to them to help care for them or assist in the coming years?
Finding the right location will help to ensure you enjoy your home for many years to come. You don’t want to purchase a home on a busy street in the middle of town when what you really long for is a peaceful escape after a long day at work. Or if you love to be on the go and around people, being on land outside of town will not make it convenient to stop by the farmers market or head out to meet the girls for a bite to eat on a Saturday afternoon. Or the drive to work and to take the kids to school. It might not seem like much, but getting up 30 minutes early in the morning to make the commute, might get tiresome if you don’t enjoy driving.
Once you figure out your location, then you can start searching that area for the right home with all the amenities that will fit your needs.
Amenities in the home?
Now its time to think about what is important to you in a home. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What do you love about your current home?
- What do you NOT love about your current home?
- What is your favorite room to spend time in?
- Do you need more space or do you have to much space?
- Would you want a single story or a multi story home?
- Bedroom placement – All on one side or split with the master separate from the others for privacy?
- Do you need more or less bathrooms?
- Are there any specialized rooms that you could use or want to make sure you get in your next home such as an office, large laundry room, media room, game room, etc.
- Do you want a home with outdoor living space for entertaining or do you want minimal yard to keep up with? Consider the curb appeal. Those with a green thumb want to make sure they have plenty of room to play in the yard.
- Parking? Do you need room for guests that come over often for entertaining or just for you?
- Do you need a garage or a shop for extra work space or to park your car?
This is a great list of questions to get your started on your hunt! Once you have narrowed down to what you’re looking for in a home, we can ensure that you will find the perfect place!
We want to help you find the next place you call HOME so give us a call!